Overall privacy statement
iMedia Summits. takes privacy seriously. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. These privacy practices apply to the website that you were viewing when you clicked through to this policy, which is operated by iMedia Summits, its partner or affiliate.
- What personally identifiable information does iMedia Summits collect?
iMedia Summits primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Because iMedia Summits. derives its revenue mainly from advertising, collecting information is essential to keeping our services free to users.
iMedia Summits. collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on our site, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter, and when you visit iMedia Summits. iMedia Summits may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
- What anonymous information does iMedia Summits collect?
You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit iMediasummits.com, although active participation in certain areas of our site may require cookies. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
iMedia Summits also automatically receives and records information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested. We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including: keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertisers' or partners' sites; accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web site and advertisement usage; and determining which features users like best.
Third-party advertisement servers
Some of our advertisers use third-party companies to serve their advertisements on our sites and, in some cases, in our HTML-formatted newsletters. Often, these third-party advertising companies employ cookie and other tracking technologies to measure advertisement effectiveness. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Use of their tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
- How does iMedia Summits use the information?
iMedia Summits uses the information we gather for four general purposes:
- to customize the advertising and content you see, which helps keep our services free to users
- to enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in polls, and contests
- to send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
- How does iMedia Summits share the information?
Personally identifiable information
iMedia Summits will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information
- we have engaged companies to work with or on behalf of iMedia Summits to provide a product or service that you have requested, such as opt-in email announcements
- you use co-branded services. When you use a co-branded service within our site you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
iMedia Summits aggregates personally identifiable information and discloses such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
- What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our site without registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us.
Any modification to our privacy practices will be reflected within this area of our Web site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will send affected users written notice of the change.